Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April Fools Day!

I love April 1st ! I got up early before anyone else this AM and emptied the ENTIRE refrigerator ! ....I mean right down to the pickle jars !...
ALL OF IT....GONE ! I put it all out in a cooler in the garage !

Then, I took all the cereal boxes ( which add up to at least 30 boxes, our mainstay nutrition) and put them all in the washer and dryer !

The next main area of frequent visiting from kitchen ransackers is the
glass/cup shelves! I took all those and moved em to the microwave and
the oven !

And, of course, the toilets had to be sealed with Saran Wrap !

Everyone still asleep ...Then I quietly left for work !

Cant wait till I get a call from home asking....."Mom, what have you done with the milk?"

4 comments:

Amanda said...

You just made my day!!! I love you Lynette!

Nikki said...

That is too funny! I wish I would have done something so funny. I wish I could see the faces of the fam as they are in search of all their goodies.
~Nikki

Cathy Wallace said...

Old Mother Jeanes
Went to her cupboard
To get her poor children some food,
But when she got there,
The cupboard was bare! . . .
Now who did that??

You are brilliant! I served Alissa "fried eggs" this morning. Tiny ones, "fried baby ostrich eggs". She doesn't really like eggs, so I had to do a lot of convincing to get her to try them. She discovered they were delicious, sort of tasted like white chocolate 'egg whites' with yellow Skittle 'yolks'!

Some of our older sons, our new daughter-in-law, and nephews are coming home from college for the weekend tomorrow night. I needed some April Fool inspiration to get them when they arrive. I came to the internet to get an idea, but stopped by Marky's place first and there was my "Jeanspiration!" I'd like to think the boys come home to see me and their Dad, but I think we may run a close third and fourth behind the fridge and the pantry! (I get a hug if I stand between the front door and the fridge door though.) Won't they be shocked when they find out they drove three hours for an empty fridge!! Ha-ha. Thanks for the great idea!

Markys mom said...

Hi Cathy !

Love the Fried egg idea.....hmmm maybe we better have some for dinner !

YOU'RE my inspiration for so MANY things as well ! I will never forget the extra mile you went for my Scotty when we first moved into the neighborhood and he didnt know anyone yet....

You had 3...THREE.. . (to accomodate all the kids)...different pool party's at your house so Scotty could meet some friends!

You are a dear sweet kind friend, I love you and wish you were still in our neighborhood!
netti